I appreciate people taking the time to leave comments on this blog.
Therefore as of today (23rd May 2015) I’m going back to comments not having to be approved before being published, after a brief 3 day trial of manually approving comments before publication.
1) Comment authors will be required to fill out their name and e-mail address.
This is because while anonymous comments were enabled, this function was being abused by people hiding under a cloak of anonymity.
2) Comments will be manually approved by myself if they contain links.
This is to prevent spamming.
3) I reserve the right to edit or delete comments as I see fit.
4) Comments that troll either John Brace, Leonora Brace or other people associated with this blog will be edited or deleted.
5) During the election period in 2016, because of the effect of s.106 of the Representation of the Peoples Act 1983, comments will be manually approved before publication. For the purposes of clarity this is in relation to the election of councillors, Mayor of Liverpool and Police and Crime Commissioner for Merseyside, not the EU referendum.
Broken links may also be edited out of comments. If you wish to contact me about a comment, my contact details are on this page.