Why will there be no trains (and no replacement buses) on the Bidston-Wrexham line next Monday?
Unfortunately there is bad news for anyone planning to travel by train on the Borderlands Line (Bidston to Wrexham) on Monday 4th January. Arriva Trains Wales currently run the franchise for this line.
ASLEF (which stands for the Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen) and the RMT (National Union of Rail, Maritime and Transport Workers) have both successfully balloted for a 24-hour strike for Monday 4th January. On the Wirral this will affect people travelling from or to Bidston, Upton or Heswall train stations.
This will also lead to cancelled trains on Sunday and disruption to trains on Tuesday morning too.
Due to the strike affecting around 1,000 train services Arriva Trains Wales will not be providing rail replacement buses during the strike on Monday (as this would require an estimated 4,000 buses).
However Arriva Trains Wales have published a list of frequently asked questions about the proposed industrial action on their website. This list answers the following questions (should you be interested in the answers).
1. Why is the Industrial Action happening?
2. How are services affected?
3. Why are you not providing alternative transport such as buses?
4. What do I do if I can’t travel on a different day?
5. Can I use my ticket to travel on a different day or with another Train Company?
6. Can I get a refund on my ticket if I can’t travel on another day?
7. I have a season ticket can I get a refund on my lost days?
If you click on any of these buttons below, you’ll be doing me a favour by sharing this article with other people. Thanks: