What is in 13 Merseytravel/Liverpool City Region Combined Authority contracts and hundreds of pages of invoices relating to the 15/16 financial year?
Merseytravel and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority were the last public body to respond to my request to inspect and receive copies during the 30 working day period which was originally supposed to run starting on the 1st July 2016.
Interestingly the public notice for Merseytravel published on their website and the public notice for Liverpool City Region Combined Authority published on Merseytravel’s website, a Julie Watling (Merseytravel) stated in response to a FOI request on the 8th August 2016, that “This notice is not unfortunately on our website at this present time.”.
This was interesting as the 30 working day period isn’t allowed to start until the public notice is published!
However the FOI request went to an internal review and Julie Watling of Merseytravel responded on the 11th August stating that, “However I had been mistakenly informed that the information was not on the website, when in fact it was available at the following links:-”
Merseytravel public notice 15/16 FY
Liverpool City Region Combined Authority public notice 15/16 FY
But then, is it reasonable to expect an organisation to know what’s published on its own website and to answer Freedom of Information Act requests accurately or am I asking too much?
Which is the correct answer?
However the information (or to be more accurate part of the information) I requested arrived in the post yesterday (postage around £6.20 as it was special delivery guaranteed by 1pm) with a covering letter from a trainee solicitor and DVD.
Below is what was on the DVD. I did get a further email yesterday with a contract that had been mistakenly left off the DVD too.
Although the internal review clears up the issue about the public notice on Merseytravel’s website, for the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority it should’ve been published on the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority’s website, not Merseytravel’s.
So part of my objection I sent to the auditors yesterday still stands.
The invoices are split by the thirteen accounting periods that Merseytravel used during the 2015 2016 financial year, although why spoil the surprise when you can read for yourself below?
There are some interesting matters to be gleaned from the invoices and contracts, however I don’t have the time at present to blog about them in detail.
Invoices 2015 to 2016 financial year (Merseytravel and Liverpool City Region Combined Authority).
11.3 MARCH3-810124407-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2016
11.2 MARCH2-810124324-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2016
11.1 MARCH1-810124215-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2016
10 FEBRUARY-809164910-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2016
9 JANUARY-809164746-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2016
8 DECEMBER-809164624-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015 2016
7 NOVEMBER-809164505-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
6 OCTOBER-809164348-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
5 AUGUST-810123950-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
4 JULY-809164206-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
3 JUNE-809164104-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
2 MAY-809164000-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
1 APRIL-809162613-0001 Merseytravel LCRCA invoices 2015
1 contract with BLACC Consulting LLP (50 pages)
2 contract with Arriva Merseyside Ltd (14 pages)
3.1 Subsidised Bus Service Contracts (42 pages)
3.2 Subsidised Bus Service Contracts (148 pages)
4. Rolling Stock Project Engineering Consultancy Service Agreement Halcrow Group Limited (38 pages)
5. contract with Bircham Dyson Bell LLP (15 pages)
6. Deed to confirm the Consolidated Concession Agreement relating to the services for the carriage of passengers by railway to be provided by Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Limited (348 pages) (this was an additional contract not originally on the DVD received by email from Merseytravel on the afternoon of Thursday 11th August 2016)
7. TOC Related Services for the Design, Supply and Installation of Passenger Improvements at various Stations as part of the National Stations Improvement Programme (Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Limited) (25 pages)
8. Local Growth Fund (LGF) for Liverpool City Region Sustainable Transport Enhancement Package (Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council) (62 pages)
9. Funding Agreement for Liverpool South Parkway Real Time Information (Merseyrail Electrics 2002 Limited) (26 pages)
10. Merseytravel Consultancy Services Framework Agreement 2015-2019 For Consultancy Services (Various Lots) Kenyon Fraser Ltd (68 pages)
11. Framework Agreement for Consultancy Services for the Design of Travel Marketing Literature Kenyon Fraser Ltd (80 pages)
12. Lease for Mann Island HQ, Liverpool with Commerz Real Investmentgesellschaft mbH (acting on account of its open-ended fund Hausinvest) (74 pages)
If you click on any of the buttons below, you’ll be doing me a favour by sharing this article with other people.