Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
The budget item starts at 1m33s in the video above of the Cabinet meeting on the Budget on the 10th February 2015
Wirral Council’s Cabinet agree to continue council tax freeze for 2015/16
Last night’s Cabinet meeting included Labour’s fifteen page budget recommendation to Council on the 24th February so the items below are just some highlights. Although the Wirral Council element of Council Tax is being frozen at 2014/15 levels, the Council Tax for Wirral residents may still go up because of a rise in the amount for Merseyside Police.
- Removal of charges for replacement grey wheeled recycling bins (140l, 240l & 360l) for two years to encourage recycling
- Reducing the charge for replacement green bins from £37 to £24
- £10,000 for each constituency committee for Community Clean-Ups and £15,000 for each area to tackle antisocial behaviour
- Reduced car parking charges at various car parks including a trial for the first half hour of parking being free (from April 2015 to March 2016) at Seaview Road, Liscard Village, Liscard Crescent, Rocky Lane, Pye Road, Puddydale, Mount Avenue, Dee Lane and Concourse)
- Adding an extra £300,000 for use on discretionary housing payments
- An extra dog fouling warden for each constituency area
- Continuing the local welfare assistance fund while a Scrutiny Review Group looks at recommendations on how it’s spent (expected July 2015)
- Restoring monitoring of Council owned CCTV
- Various extra posts to deal with antisocial behaviour
If you’d like to read the budget resolution, you can across these fifteen pages: Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7, Page 8, Page 9, Page 10, Page 11, Page 12, Page 13, Page 14 and Page 15.
If you click on any of these buttons below, you’ll be doing me a favour by sharing this article with other people. Thanks: